How do you shift a mountain of junk from your home? Your first thought might be to call a skip hire company, they could drop a skip at your house and away you go. Is this the best option though? We don’t think it is at ProJunk and we’ve explained our reasons in this article.
- Skips are hard work: Get a skip delivered and that’s the easy bit, how are you going to fill it though? Unless you have a magic wand (you don’t do you?) you’ll have to do all the heavy lifting and humping and carry waste to the skip from your home. A waste collection service does all the heavy lifting on your behalf, why break a sweat when you don’t have to?
- They hold less: Most average sized skips hold about 8 cubic yards so it won’t take you long to fill it to the brim. Our rubbish collection trucks can easily carry 16 cubic yards of waste so you get twice the fill space in one trip.
- You need a permit: Place a skip on the road in front of your property and you’ll have to pay the local authority for a permit. Some skip hire companies will arrange this for you and add it to the cost which bumps up the price.
- Skips are vulnerable: Skips full of junk are exposed to the elements and one man’s waste is another treasure. Skip hire companies don’t always collect their containers straight away so you might find scavengers crawling all over your waste trying to see if there’s anything worth pinching.
- It’s a dearer option: It’s easy to underestimate how much junk you have accumulated and sometimes one skip isn’t enough. Pay for an additional skip hire and this sends the price rocketing, use our waste collection service and we’ll give you a fixed quote so you know exactly how much it’s going to cost to get shut of the rubbish and it’ll save you money in the long run.